Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

What are you listening to while you code?

• # November 20, 2012 at 1:03 am

@joshuanhibbert : Ohhh man, i saw this website a LONG time ago (or a similar) but i always forgot the name.. YES! Getting bookmarked now, nice share man! You totally need to rock a gold star for that man, as i continue to watch cats play and listen to rain and thunder.

gold star

# November 20, 2012 at 4:09 am

He’ll have to settle for a green star.

# November 20, 2012 at 4:45 am

@JohnMotylJr Then you might like this site even more: http://www.calm.com/

# November 20, 2012 at 8:25 am

It depends on the project and how well its going. I tend to lean towards hard rock when I’m on a hot streak, classic rock or country when I first start or am on a nice casual/steady roll. When I get stuck on something, I tend to switch over to classical music or listen to a podcast.

I definitely have a tendency to hit the pause button when I’m close to solving an issue I’ve run into, and forget to hit play during the coding frenzy that usually follows.

# November 20, 2012 at 9:01 am

@chrisburton : There’s totally some yellow in there!

@joshuanhibbert : Totally rocked that rainymood site to sleep last night { loved it } and this one seems exciting as well..

@pmac627 : I think i’m going to start playing post casts (i.e. ShotTalk) in the background while i code, maybe subliminally i will start coding better.

# November 20, 2012 at 9:12 am

I’m a wierd one. I bounce around so many genres now. Matthew Good Band, Radiohead, Mindy Smith, Aerosmith’s first album, Dave Matthews Band, ELO, Scars on 45, Our Lady Peace…

I just don’t have a particular genre anymore.

I heart you Spotify.

# November 20, 2012 at 11:16 am

@robertallen : I need to get into Spotify, when it first came out i never got an ‘invite’ so i never cared for it and kept using Pandora, now all i do is stream music from my xbox or find youtube playlists. Do you still need an invite or have to pay for Spotify?

Our lady peace = Back in the Day!

# November 20, 2012 at 12:05 pm

No, I believe it’s still free, but you have to put up with the ads every few songs.

Also, they claim you get better quality with a paid subscription, but I am not sure how much of a difference there is.

# November 20, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I listen to music I’d listen to when I’m not coding :p
    But at times I want to be super productive I listen to instrumental music.

# November 20, 2012 at 1:53 pm

I roll through Rdio. Every person in the office has an account so it’s fun to jump into what other people are listening to.

# November 20, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I listen to dubstep a lot.

# November 20, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Music in the office = great times coding…

Until you look over at the guy banging his head and playing keyboard guitar, always comical.

# November 20, 2012 at 9:15 pm

@JohnMotylJr – [Frets On Fire](http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/ “Frets On Fire”)

# November 21, 2012 at 6:31 am

Swedish house mafia & foster the people

# November 21, 2012 at 9:48 am

Has to be BBC Radio 6 Music – http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/
    No ads, music from all corners and funny stuff too. Great for work.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".