Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Weird hover behavior for webfont

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    wragen22

interesting… i wonder if it’s a chrome issue..

wragen22

@Pualie_d hmmm.. removed inline-block.. Still not working though. I added inline-block so that the click area for cursor woud not extend across the whole row but only the text.

What is interesting is the inline block seems to be causing the issue with color artifacts.

Alen
    Participant

I was mentioning, to fix HTML first before you do any testing, because invalid syntax might not render your design correctly.

wragen22

the syntax is only minor differences, I don’t see how that would cause issues. I especially don’t like the whole roles thing and would rather uses classes.

Paulie_D

>What is interesting is the inline block seems to be causing the issue with color artifacts.

Sorry, that was the issue I was fixing. I haven’t looked at the other thing yet.

Alen
    Participant

You have `div` elements declared outside of HTML Doctype declaration, this has nothing to do with CSS and “rules”. I’ve coded a sample structure for you, you can modify it if you like, but it’s valid syntax… you can eliminate `role` or just add appropriate classes to the HTML elements.

[Role is part of WAI-ARIA](http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria), it’s for assisted technologies and screen readers.

wragen22

ok, You’re right I did have order out of place, but outside of that I think my markup is fine.

wragen22

Ok, cleared cache and works. Still not too sure what to do about in-line block. @Paulie_D do you recommend anything else for getting the desired results?

Paulie_D

Would you use inline-block by default for whatever you are using this for?

If not then your problem is resolved.

wragen22

Yes. Any idea as to why this would cause the color artifacts to go wrong? Possibly the inline-block is not extending the whole width of the h1 s ?

Paulie_D

At a guess, it’s a browser rendering issue as the font is italicized.

wragen22

Hmmm… the font style is italicized, however it’s actually regular. I wonder if it’s an issue with font-squirrel?

chrisburton
    Participant

@wragen22 Instead of setting it as “italic”, set it as “oblique” and see if that solves it.

Paulie_D

With the display on the h1 set to inline or inline block the text is actually rendering partly outside of the…erm…h1 ‘block’.

As such, it’s not being affected by the hover color change.

**I have no idea why this should be so** but a few pixels of horizontal padding fixes the color issue.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.