Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Weird bug

• # August 22, 2009 at 7:31 pm

I was trying to make a slide down login menu with CSS & Jquery everything was going very nice until i tested it in IE6 and Opera latest version a weird bug appeared when i click on client login and the form appears there is a big white gap between the form and the client login anchor tag and i don`t know what is it and how can i fix it ? also i need to know what causes it too , i tried using a reset and not using one the same is still there too (eric meyer`s reset).

Code:
    < !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

welcome back

forget your password ?

client login

# August 22, 2009 at 8:31 pm

in opera at least, its assuming a default margin on #login_form.

Adding margin: 0; fixes the issue (in opera). You will need to test if this helps ie6 though I don’t have it installed atm.

Code:
    #login_form{
    padding:15px;
    display:none;
    background:#59afe2;
    -moz-border-radius:10px;
    -webkit-border-radius:10px;
    -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:0px;
    -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:0px;
    margin: 0; /* Pow */
    }

I recommend you start pretty much most stylesheets with

Code:
    * { margin: 0; padding: 0; }

Forcing the browser to assume no margin-padding is a surefire way to avoid headaches! :)

# August 23, 2009 at 7:48 am

Thanks , actually the meyer reset works but when i was cleaning it and deleteing some of the element i won`t use in my project i deleted the "m" from form accidentally . :)

# August 24, 2009 at 8:46 pm

i have another bug that i can`t figure how to solve it , background images is not showing in IE 7 only it works everywhere even in IE6 ?

here is a demo of the page i`m making http://gabri.freehostia.com/Demo/ i`m talking about those dark blue cubes . every other single image is working in IE7 except those ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".