Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Website Traffic: Foreign Referral URLs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nickwinters
    Participant

Hello,

Back in April I redesigned an old website that I had previously done. I used the most recent version of the Joomla 2.5 CMS. Everything has been working great.

Today I went and checked out the analytics. I saw a dramatic increase in unique visitors since the launch of the new site. After looking at the analytics for a while I noticed that most of my referrals were coming from Google which looks normal. However, I also saw that some of my referral websites were coming from what I’m assuming are russian websites (.ru). The hit counts from these sites appear to be low, but I just thought it was strange that there were roughly ten listed as referral sites this month.

The redesign of the website does feature a podcast on iTunes, so I’m not sure if that has something to do with it.

Does anyone know if this is normal, or why I’m seeing foreign referral sites show up?

chrisburton
    Participant

Where are the referrals pointing to?

nickwinters
    Participant

poisk-zakona.ru
    youbeauti.com
    fotolink.su
    tigerfist.ru
    packminecraft.ru

To name some of them.

These sites have nothing to do with the type of website I designed; which is confusing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.