Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Website redesign feedback/critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jshjohnson

Hello!

So i’ve decided to completely redesign my website. It’s not finished yet, so SEO/content and the Twitter feed need sorting out so please ignore that.

I haven’t tested it on any large screens or on Windows so if anyone could let me know if it appears correctly that would be great. Constructive feedback would be appreciated. Also not sure whether to redirect iPad users to my mobile site or to allow them to view the full site..

http://jshjohnson.com/index2.html

In comparison, this is my current design:

http://jshjohnson.com

Thanks

poiulkjh
    Participant

My first post here so be nice to me ;)

– I think that 720px height for #logo is too much (my screen resolution is 1366×768) around 500px should be enough.

– you should increase font-size of paragraph from 14px to 16px and line-height to 1.4 and don’t use text-align: right.

– don’t like that ‘Coming Soon’ font.

Anyway it’s much better than a previous one. Sorry for my english.

i3iorn

Over all good work. I have three concerns.

I’m looking at this from a small screen and while the home and contact part scales nicely, the rest does not. Everything is to big and in some case not accessible at all because I don’t get a horizontal scrollbar.

It should be easy enough to downsize the website examples somewhat without loosing to much detail. Or at least give me the option to scroll right.

I’m not to fond of the right aligned text but that is just a matter of taste.

Your social media links under contacts appears to be broken. :)

Either way nice work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.