Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Website redesign feedback

• # June 6, 2013 at 6:33 am

Hey,

I have finally stuck with a redesign all the way to build. I am interested in hearing what people think of the design so far?

Constructive criticism would be appreciated!

http://joshuajohnson.co.uk

# June 6, 2013 at 6:54 am

Hey Josh

I was browsing this forum a while ago and noticed you had just finished on another re-design of your website, I think it was something like http://jshjohnson.co.uk.

To be honest this current one you have created now looks more up to date, easier to browse through and also the responsiveness seems to work much better now than the previous version.

Looking through your portfolio you are one talented young man, well done & keep it up mate!

# June 6, 2013 at 7:01 am

Haha I have a habit of redesigning redesigns over and over again so that might explain previous posts!

Thanks man, appreciate it

# June 6, 2013 at 9:52 am

This design just made my heart skip a beat.

# June 6, 2013 at 11:34 am

I like it but your contact form labels should link to the corresponding input fields. And the quiz could maybe use a “what is this?” sort of button/tooltip :)

# June 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm

^ what @crocodillon said. Throw some for attributes on there and you should be gravy. Tooltips on focus would be pretty shway as well.

Very nice site.

# June 6, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Like it, though I’d really review your title font choice, it’s not very inspiring and detracts from the quality of the rest of the design.

# June 6, 2013 at 1:08 pm

@CrocoDillon – Thanks for your feedback, what do you mean about the form? How would I link labels with input fields – they should already be next to their respective fields? Thanks

# June 6, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I think it looks great, though that light/pale blue in the portfolio section is really drab.

# June 6, 2013 at 1:46 pm

For example:

So when some one clicks the label, focus goes to the input.

# June 6, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I agree about the pale blue. I might try to make it at least a little more vibrant. Very nice site – very clean.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".