Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Website mockup critique?

• # November 24, 2012 at 10:19 pm

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9248/webmockup.png

I haven’t even began to start coding this yet, but how do you guys feel about this mockup I’ve have? I am so paranoid about what others feel about my website designs..

This is meant to be a website to showcase my games. The bottom box acts as a tabbed UI, where you can select to play the current game via HTML5 (web), Windows, or ‘Other’ (which would be Mac).

Any suggestions, feedback, or whatever would be amazing. I like simplistic websites if you haven’t noticed yet. :p

# November 24, 2012 at 10:33 pm

What’s with the Windows and HTML5 logo’s?

# November 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm

That is where you select which platform of the game you want to play. It is separated by tabs.

# November 25, 2012 at 12:24 am

You could always test for clients OS rather then setting up three different platforms.

And i think as far as popular OS it would be win/mac/linux. But this is why initial design and mockups are so great.

CodePen Example

# November 25, 2012 at 10:18 am

John, I agree that he can use platform detection, but he should still list all three there. How many times have you gone to a site’s “downloads” page and gotten every flavor listed? Since, technically, you could be browsing his site on a Windows box but want the app for your Mac box (uncommon scenario, but still very real and possible). I would personally use the platform detection to make the user’s platform the one showing at that moment, but still leave the other two options there.

Alternatively since he doesn’t seem to be offering it to Linux other than HTML5, he could always default to the HTML5 one.

Haven’t had my morning coffee, so my thoughts are a little scattered. There’s two viewpoints.

# November 25, 2012 at 4:45 pm

that’s a neat idea John, but as pmac627 has already stated, some people may want different versions of the game.

I’m not interested in Linux really and have no experience with it or it’s OS.

Any other critiques?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".