Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Website Improvement Ideas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    goalieman34

I have had this website since February 2010 and it does the trick but now I am looking for ways to improve things. I am open for any ideas and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

http://www.nanaimonightlife.com/

Thanks,
    Chris

TheDoc

Not able to open the website, unfortunately.

Also, fun fact, I’m in Victoria!

MrPixel

I dont like the font type face, and the menu is pretty bland. Also the contact form needs some work. Id make the background of the fields a grey, increase the size of the form titles and make the entry fields and message area field the same width. Just constructive criticism. The rest looks fine.

goalieman34

@TheDoc hmmm not sure why it would not open for you. That’s crazy your in Vic, I am going to university at VIU in Nanaimo. Try the link again and let me know what font you think I should use. I changed it but not sure If I am a fan of it.

http://www.nanaimonightlife.com

@MrPixel
    thanks for your constructive critcism I changed the font and will fix up the form

goalieman34
    GerobLee

The date at the top should line up with the left side of the picture.

MrPixel

Agree ^^

The font looks better. Id make the reply and contact form fields the same grey as the font, and resize them as i mentioned earlier.

mthrlwd

I think you’ve got some nice opportunity to enhance things here without much input, @goalieman34.
    I’d start with adding some dimensionality to your site by using some variance in tone, texture and color. Maybe choose a nice background concept that achieves the mood and overall aesthetic quality you’re after, but gives the content some leverage on the page a bit more. Good luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.