Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

WEBSITE hiding links”?

• # February 9, 2013 at 11:35 am

Hey guys,

Why isnt there any code for the download button on http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/downloads/date/any/ in the sourcecode of the page? Is there a way for css to hide it? Im trying to retrieve the link ( that gets displayed when I hover over the download button with my mouse) from the sourcecode. This download button appears when you select a resolution from the dropdown list.

Thanks.

# February 9, 2013 at 11:55 am

There is a link, completely valid.

Click here to download

# February 9, 2013 at 12:05 pm

then how come i cant find it after searching trough the sourcecode with ctr F?

# February 9, 2013 at 12:19 pm

If you are looking for the _Download_, you won’t find it. It’s an image.

# February 9, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Im looking for the code that you just posted. I cant find it in the sourcecode. Instead I see this:

Select your desired resolution from the menu to the left, then click here to download.
    # February 9, 2013 at 12:27 pm

I don’t think we are talking about the same thing.

Open the page with Chrome, Safari, or Firefox with Firebug installed, right click on the download button then click on Inspect.

You’ll see the code.

# February 9, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Ok. But why isnt it in the sourcecode of the page? (using view page source) Or better yet. How could I retrieve the link. You see I am writing in Java and I am able to connect and retrieve the page sourcecode, but the piece of code I need, the one you can find with inspect, is not in the page sourcecode itself. So Im wondering how I could retrieve that code.

# February 9, 2013 at 12:37 pm

@HugoGiraudel

You see, you’re looking at the DOM while the question is about the code producing that.

@Reapaz1

In the source code for the page, there’s a script element linking to inc_NEW/jscript002.js. Look for:

function imgload(base, foo, id)

That javascript contains the code for generating the links.

# February 9, 2013 at 12:45 pm

@Benwalker Im trying to access that script, or see that function somewhere. How do I do that?

# February 9, 2013 at 12:48 pm

@BenWalker OK nevermind I got it : ) Firefox links you to the right directories :) so I clicked it. THanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".