Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Website Evaluation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    polson1000
    Participant

hey guys hope you are all well. I was just wondering if anyone one had any input on one of my new site from and onsite SEO perspective?

http://www.commercial-london-epc.co.uk/

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

polson1000
    Participant

Thanks Karl :)

snillor

Nice looking and performing site. Clean, easy to navigate. Some nice finishing touches, and other evidence of attention to detail that speaks well of the designer(s).

A couple of minor points that come to mind are:

Looks like you used Trebuchet (or something similar). I like Trebuchet except for it’s odd look ampersand, which I think doesn’t look at all like an ampersand.

If it were my design, I’d omit the two W3C graphics and the Smart Phone graphic at the bottom. Sure, meeting these requirements is something to be proud of. But IMO people really don’t care about stuff like this as long as the site looks good and performs well. And I’ll bet 90%+ of visitors, even if they notice these graphics, don’t know what they signify. So I don’t think they serve any purpose.

(By the way, the first time I clicked on the NEWS link, my anti-MalWare software reported it as a malicious site. Probably a false report, but thought I should mention it.)

But to repeat – nice site. My comments are really nothing more than nitpicking.

polson1000
    Participant

Thanks Josh I really appreciate the feed back. you are right about the two graphics I will be redoing them.

Jon_N
    Participant

I like it. It’s clean and simple. I haven’t read the above comments but it would be nice if there was a menu item called “What is EPC?” or something like that. Other than that I like it. Good job.

Johnnyb

Just a quick comment… the horizontal scrollbar that JoshWhite pointed out is being created by the Google +1 button in your sidebar.

polson1000
    Participant

Thanks again for all your feedback I have now implemented the changes suggested. Karlpcrowley you also have a very good point about not explaining what an EPC is. I am now looking at having a link named “Whats an EPC” with a drop down named “Commercial EPC” and “Domestic EPC”. One last thing Johnyb you mentioned that the Google plus one was causing the scroling issue, any idea how to solve it?

Thanks again guys for the great feedback :)

Vermaas
    Participant

I’m also receiving an alert, seems there’s some malware on the news page!

From SEO perspective:
    Make sure everything is validate. The google plus icon is something which you can’t make validate, but try to make the rest validate. (I’m not pointing to the scrolling issue! But the validation)

Second thing i want to point out is the usage of and of . I’ve got no sources (but personal), but using these html tags, makes Google better index it.

Third (not sure) do you’ve got a sitemap? Works great to! Add it to Google Webmastertools and there you’re :) Makes Google index it faster and the ranking will start ealier!

Good luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.