Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Website Design Suggestions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am currently rebuilding my personal website for the third time and am thinking of rebuilding and redesigning again. Although i would rather not start all over again and waste more time, i am not feeling comfortable with many aspects of the site.So i made this post hoping some of you can give me feedback on the design, structure, and color choices because i’m full out of ideas. Here are the things i’m not liking but have no idea how to change.

Harol.com heading doesn’t seem to blend right with the header.

Navigation bar is plain and “dead”. Nothing exciting about it.

Completed projects labels isn’t blending well with the colorful images

In the themes section,the ribbon where the theme names go is kinda annoying to see there.

So i’m hoping someone could give me ideas for replacing certain things and what’s really hurting the websites look.

[website](http://reallycoolstuff.net/PROJECTS/harol/index.html “”)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cwork yea there’s something going on with the shadow in Blog there. and thank’s for the feedback.

Jeff6332

Site looks great Jarolin,
    What D7 base theme did you start with?

Jeff6332

clicked submit to fast

I meant to ask about the older website Harold.com – I liked the layout – what was the base theme you worked from?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@cwork Base theme? i’m don’t get what you mean but if your asking what the site first looked like it was that same layout but very different colors and aspects.

Jeff6332

_sorry for the confusion – I should never talk on the phone and type at the same time_

I like the regions on Harol.com and was wondering if the entire theme was done by you, or if you started with a D7 theme and modified it to your liking

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jeff6332 The entire theme was designed by me. First i created a sketch, then i moved on to Photoshop.

Jeff6332

great job and great use of space

chrisburton
    Participant

I think there’s too much going on here, personally. The ribbon thing has been done so much it should practically be banned. In fact, I think you’ve got too many ribbons going on. I would suggest working on the color palette, changing up the display and body type.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@chrisburton I was thinking about that. But something i want to achieve is a slight 3D effect. And the ribbons helps achieve that.

Very first glance suggested “typography issue”. the overall website layout doesn’t look like created by some “newbie” though. thumbs up!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.