Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Website Design Question

• # April 12, 2013 at 10:17 am

@Paulie_D Oops. I thought you were implying something else. I agree that Fireworks is strictly suited for the web. However, I still prefer PS and AI as a hybrid because you never know when you’ll need it for print work (personal business cards, etc).

@ChrisP I’ve heard great things about Sketch.

As for the original question, I agree with what @kgscott284 had to say. Especially when it comes to client work.

# April 12, 2013 at 12:23 pm

> However, I still prefer PS and AI as a hybrid because you never know when you’ll need it for print work (personal business cards, etc). @chrisburton

I definitely agree with that. I’ve never enjoyed FW.

> I switched to Sketch by Bohemian Coding for mock ups, and couldn’t be happier. @ChrisP

This is next on my list.

# April 12, 2013 at 12:42 pm

@TheDoc @chrisburton,

They’re still working out some bugs that are pretty obvious, but it’s easy enough to work around the bugs.

# April 12, 2013 at 1:00 pm

+1 for Fireworks.

it is made specifically for screen graphics, and it so easy to create stuff on it. I wish Adobe would let it go and let someone else pick it up and develop it. I get the feeling it will always live in PS shadow until it gets out of the Adobe family.

on topic, i really dig the idea of Live Style Tiles. Except the only examples I have seen have elements that HAD to of been designed in a program, but the idea is given to avoid programs and design everything in the browser.

# April 12, 2013 at 1:06 pm

btw, Sketch looks awesome. if I had a mac, I would cop it. I love the idea of affordable software that is dedicated to web design. Adobe products are ridiculously expensive for beginners, so I get excited when I see those kinds of things.

# April 12, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Try Photoshop or its free version GIMP

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".