Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other website critique please =)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zell25

is under construction but i want to know if this page doesn’t look that ugly hehe.

Sarka (the website)

DboG

Not much there to gauge at the moment. The lighting/font effect I think is neat as a kind of programming exercise, but as a functional website I think it’s over the top. Less is usually more, and personally I think great design complements the content, but doesn’t replace it as a source of attention.

zell25

@TT_Mark: yeah, i was thinking just the same, of course its not the final design

@fordinary: you don’t need to be sorry, REALLY!

@JoshWhite
    i didn’t find any retro thing at first!, that’s good to know actually, thanks man ñ.ñ

@DboG
    you just read my mind , that’s not the final design (again =P ) its just for “clients” to see that we can do more than just plain text or something like that came out of my mind…

Billy
    Participant

I like it, it’s just that to me the background is very poor quality (the edges are uneven) (1680×1050)

OniLinkCR

^^^^ No, it’s not you. It’s been stretched to fit the resolution of the screen (so now we know you use an iMac btw :p) using JS. This is the original file and it stretches depending on your resolution.

http://sarka.com.mx/img/fondo2.jpg

To the original poster. You don’t need to do this using Javascript, if you can use CSS to do the job and better. Use repeat-all on your BG property in regards to your texture and use a much smaller file that will look just as great on a 1280 res or which ever. The big B, or whatever the letter is, I would go with a full screen background, there is a tutorial on this site on how to do it, never have done it myself, but it looks like you need it.

Remember, you can hang a frame on wall using duct tape, a nail on the wall, or use a hammer drill.

Web Design is no different; you need to select the right tool for the job.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.