Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web Portfolio initial design critique/feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cyanoxide
    Participant

I’ve just started redesigning my portfolio website and figured I’ll jump in the deep end of the pool with something a bit more on the unique side of things (You’ll understand when you see it). Now I myself think that the design is looking pretty damn good or at least a lot better than I had imagined it would when I had the idea originally.

Anyway I’ve spent quite a few hours on this so my opinions might be a bit bias. I figured I’d post it on here to see what the community though of the style and the design itself.

_Note: please ignore any inconstant margins or slightly incorrect angles. I rely heavily on rulers normally and rulers aren’t very helpful with this design. Rest assured they will be tidied up by the end._

Here’s the design: [Click me](http://www.jamiepates.co.uk/portfolio.png “Portfolio Redesign 0.1”)

Also this paragraph is slightly more of a CSS related query but I figured I should save an additional post and append it to this one. At this point I’m assuming you’ve seen the design and I was trying to work out the best way to style this kind of a website. I was thinking of adding an separate stylesheet solely for the transforms that rotate the various parts of the page allowing for it to be disabled for people who don’t want to read the slanted text. Wanted to check if this was a good idea or if someone had any better ideas on the matter.

Thanks for reading my post and I look forward to your responses.

Cyanoxide
    Participant

Well thank you very much for the comment. I’ve never really tried using Sass or Compass so it could be a nice excuse to try one of them out. The only downside I’m seeing is that with the way you suggested I won’t be able to include an option to turn the angles off on the fly.

I was thinking of having a line of text on the site saying
    >”Are the angles on this site making it hard to read? Click Here”

maxisix
    Participant

please dont use the lobster font! :D the rest is amazing !

Cyanoxide
    Participant

@Maxisix Aha thank you, mind you I’m in love with that font, what would you recommend instead? Open to suggestions.

@Howlermiller
    I just had a quick glance at your post and I imagine it will make more sense to me once I’ve read the video/article. I ‘ll look into it when I get back.

howlermiller
    Participant

@Cyanoxide Sorry, I got a little carried away. :) If you need me to clear something up just let me know!

Cyanoxide
    Participant

@howlermiller If that’s the case then I’ll fire you a private message but I’m sure I should be able to get my head around it when I get to that stage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.