Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web Hosting Server Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    msands

Hello Everyone,

I have been having an issue with a clients website for the past few months and I am unsure about what to do. My problem is this: For some reason about every month, my clients web site with display old information that I had updated and was present on the web site from the time of updating. For example, this weekend the server reverted to an old external java script file that I use to place sponsor banners on the web site, since its a fairly large web site. When I pulled the file down, it was an old version from months ago when I took over the project. As soon as I uploaded the current and local copy, it was fixed. Anybody have any ideas?

The project was set up and managed in dreamweaver and the lady who built it before used the dreamweaver template and library options for building pages, since the site has over 500 pages. I work locally on a external drive that is always synced and when I correct or update a I just upload the file.

Thanks for any ideas or help. I hope I was clear in my problem. I have never dealt with this type of problem before.
    Matt

TheDoc

Now that is a strange one indeed.

Are you the only one seeing the problem? Is she? Make sure it’s not a caching issue.

An entire website can’t just "revert" on its own, ie, a server can’t change the mark up of files. Make sure all old files that aren’t being used are no longer on the server.

I hate those DW Templates so much…

If the problem persists, you may want to check with your hosting provider. I’ve never seen this before other than caching or internal networking problems.

msands

Yeah I thought it might be a cache issue to, but she was not the only person that saw it. It was actually a sponsor that brought it up to her in a phone call. So it was not that. As far as contacting the hosting company, I have had many conversations with them and they are blaming it on Dreamweaver. They say they back up every 24 hours and that they do not restore from back ups unless they are instructed to by the account holder.

As far as the deleting of old files, I am just updating the current saved file and re uploading it. I am not re naming the file with a different name. So there is not any old versions on their, if that makes any sense.

I am not a fan of the templates either, but its a site that right now has over 700 pages, so the thought off converting and moving it over is a nightmare and something the client does not wanna pay for.

Thanks for you reply much appreciated and I will just keep trouble shooting it.

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.