Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web design in LINUX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    jitendra
    Participant
    federicosil

I love Gedit!!

It’s the best editor that i ever used in any os. It looks very simple but with some plugins you can make it really good.

Also you are forgeting about Aptana and eclipse.

I using only Ubuntu by now and i don’t have any problems, i run photoshop on a virtual machine and the rest it’s all covered.

kb2tfa

Gedit is nice, but ci could never get it to work remotely.

I use Netbeans for an editor, and I use Gimp for my design artwork.

lookslikepat
    "kb2tfa" wrote:
    Gedit is nice, but I could never get it to work remotely.

Have you tried (I’m guessing the correct spelling of the menus since I have a non-english system)
    Places > Connect to server > [ > Add as bookmark ], giving you a bookmark in Nautilus? If you have, you should be able to open a file directly via ftp in Gedit.

Btw I’m loving Ubuntu, switched 4 months ago, never going back to Windows.
    That said, web designing without IE is a b*tch…
    And make sure you have gedit-plugins installed: sudo apt-get install gedit-plugins

[img]http://elundmark.se/filer/ftp-nautilus-ubuntu.jpg[/img]

[img]http://elundmark.se/filer/gedit-nautilus-ftp.jpg[/img]

lookslikepat

Hint: All ftp connections opened with the filebrowser (Nautilus) is mounted in /home/user/.gvfs – Try opening the file from there.
    Btw, just tried Geany, wow.

kb2tfa

I did have it mounted, but once I found netbeans with its code completion, remote and all it’s perks I stayed with it. Plus I use it for Java.

romeor
    "kb2tfa" wrote:
    I did have it mounted, but once I found netbeans with its code completion, remote and all it’s perks I stayed with it. Plus I use it for Java.

I use netbeans also and am very pleased with all that it has to offer.

drewgrantt1

Maybe not the best forum to discuss this, however:

Yep, windows has only ever been in it for the money.

It’s basically Debian which you can download free as a 7-CD set.
    But Debian is harder to set up than some of its contemporaries. Not recommended for Linux beginners.

alenshowbrizz
    Participant

I just using SeaMonkey and Bluefish for web designing . I have been using this one last two years for my project. Both of very nice software.

oliviathn

I am using SeaMonkey in my all projects, It is very nice application, there are very good controls and also gives a very good hits like shortcut keys, International latest news, tips of Google and world web. I am also familiar with Bluefish and Netbeans. These both applications are better than other web design softwares.

byronyasgur

trying out linux for web development – all going well – i used to use gimp anyway .. am using bluefish as an editor

question: what are we going to do to check display in internet explorer, or firefox/opera etc on windows. I would love to not have to boot back into windows – are browsers running on vbox or wine going to render exactly as if they were runnning on windows

jonnyj99

It is possible to write a simple Web page without knowing anything about HTML is all use Open Office to create their own web tool.Available Linux, Mac and Windows, open source and sponsored by Linspire Nvu is based on Mozilla Composer, so shares a relatively similar interface.Linux was an act of popular Web systems, mainly because it is so cheap to install and setup and activation.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.