Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Web Design and Development Certifications and Associations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gingerbread

Hey,
    I was just wondering today. I have a Bachelor’s in Graphic Interactive Communications and have experience in it as well, but how can one bring it up to the next level?
    I know there are Web Design and Development certifications and associations that can give one an upper edge and credibility.

For Graphic Design, AIGA is a good Association to belong to, but this is the only one I know of, and Adobe certifications.
    So I must ask you:
    Are there any certifications or associations that you know of which give one more authority or credibility, and are they worth it?
    What do you think?

TheDoc

Definitely not worth it, in my opinion. They are just companies trying to squeeze money out of people. Your work should speak for itself. I work in an office where the majority of people don’t have a degree of any kind.

chrisburton
    Participant

Actually, AIGA is highly regarded. The same with TDC (Type Directors Club) and SOTA (Society of Typographic Aficionados). As far as certifications, they’re pointless.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.