Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Web App v2.0 critique

• # February 21, 2010 at 12:12 am

Hello everyone,

I have recently completely redesigned my web application to allow non-members data access and increase usability. This forum helped me greatly a couple weeks back (username – greelmo)… password reset didn’t work…

Anyway, I’d love to have some feedback.

http://mynigh.com

Thanks!

# February 21, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Hey Greelmo/Democritus.

I actually like the redesign, it’s simple but very effective.

When you hover over "Create User Account" or "Create Band Account" an underline appears, which ruins the cool effect, try giving it a seperate class.

Arjun

# February 21, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Great feedback, thanks!

What browser are you using? I’ll have to look into the underline thing.

# February 21, 2010 at 5:11 pm

_

# February 21, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Ha! Got it. I created a class for that very problem, but called it with an "id" like a schmuck.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback… you guys kick ass.

Also, if you get a chance, it’d be cool if you could set up an account. It takes like 2 seconds, and I’d love to know what you guys think of the navigation.

Let me know if there’s anything I can do for any of you!

-D

# February 21, 2010 at 8:44 pm

_

# February 22, 2010 at 3:13 am

I like it – very slick.

Just a question to everyone: am I being too anal, or is there a need for some content separation?

I’m kind of feeling like the account stuff could be better suited for a side bar in gray, or even just in the top black bar. Spanning down the page felt like a bit much with the side of it. That would highlight the basic functionality for anyone just visiting.

Maybe I’m just reading into it too much :P

# February 22, 2010 at 1:05 pm

LOL @JoshWhiteDesign

Quote:
    am I being too anal,
    # February 22, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Everything helps.

The reason I decided to put the account bar down there is to stress the "no account" needed approach. I’m considering moving it though. Thanks!

# February 23, 2010 at 6:24 pm

I do like how it does that. Maybe the size of it is what was originally bothering me, being the same size as both search functions to log in. What might work also is to create like a #eee colored bar that spans across the bottom like it does on the top in black. Shrink down the logo and try and fit all the other stuff in it and get rid of the need to scroll down.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".