Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End View MAMP Pro Sites on iPad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    realph
    Participant

So, I’ve been using MAMP for years, and used to point MAMP’s document root to my Sites folder and view my sites on the iPad like this:

10.0.1.2:8888/site-name

Recently, I’ve switched over to the paid version of MAMP (MAMP Pro), and have been setting up separate servers for each of my sites.

The problem I’m now having is I can view the site on my local machine via (dev.site-name.com), but when I try and view that same URL on my iPad it doesn’t work.

I’ve got my MAMP server set up with the default ports (80, 3306) so naturally I’ve tried 10.0.1.2:80/site-name, but still, that doesn’t work.

Can anyone help me out with what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Alen
    Participant

It doesn’t wok because `dev.site-name.com` is defined locally on your development machine.

When I’m testing mobile devices, on my Linux dev. system, I run: `ifconfig` in the terminal to get wlan ip address, then I just use that on my mobile device with appropriate port.

You might also have wireless router that generates dynamic ip addresses so this address might change over time.

Hope that helps

Alen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.