Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Video Review Uploading

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dant54

Hello,

I’m currently working on an Online Video Review Coaching for the site http://worldthrowscenter.com, the concept is that athletes from anywhere will be able to get good coaching advise via submitting 3 video examples of themselves throwing, and then receiving the critiques back . The problem is I’ve just hit a wall, I don’t know the best way to handle this. The service will have to be paid for (we’re using FoxyCart) and then the video’s will be uploaded. I just don’t have enough experience to figure the flow of it out, and then the actual reviewing of the video’s is throwing me too. I’m considering just having a backend where the coach can log on and view the files off the server without them being e-mail, or ftp’ed, or some other means of download, but then transcoding comes into play. So I guess what I’m asking for is just a push in the right direction, and any insight anyone might have.

Thanks.

JaredAM

That’s a pretty good idea. You must make it easy on the coaches and those that want to upload the videos. I’d suggest using something like Vimeo. Your users would upload their video, Vimeo would transcode it for the coaches, the coaches watch it online (or download) and it’s all good.

You’d just have to find a way of embedding the whole process on your webpage.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.