Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Video progression question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    on3fifth

I am looking into a way to use video to show off our studio. I know that video is being used some for full screen backgrounds but I want to do it a little different. I want to see if anyone knows if there is a way to make the video progress the page. I will try to give an example. Ok video starts and runs for 8ish seconds then stops on a member of our team giving their title and a bit of info this stop would be a still image we take and at this stop it would give a button or a series of buttons to continue to the next member or go back to the beginning. I have never seen video used to progress the page and finding anything has been no luck. I know my explanation is horrible but the only thing i really have is some rough drawings.

Any help in a any direction will be rewarded with a huge high five!

georgearnall
    Participant

You could split your video into a series of videos and use jQuery to bind the end of the video to displaying some buttons ect with classes ?

$(“#video”).bind(“ended”, function() {
    // show some buttons and info here
    });

Then if they click to move to the next video you could use jQuery to load that in then rather than when they load the page.

Hope this helps :)

on3fifth

interesting yeah this would work cause i am doing like 8 videos so one video/staff picture/video/staff picture/ on and on. Thank you much. I would like to see if there is other ways to do it so not going to mark this as solved.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.