Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Video Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kb2tfa

I’m trying to use my .mpeg videos on my wordpress site, but WP just links it.

I’ve searched hi and low, and all I find are plugins for Flash, which I’m not using.

I even tried the youtube embed I have changing the source url, but no good either.

any ideas

kb2tfa

I currently have my videos on YouTube and have them embedded into my site.

I however want to post longer videos, which I can’t do on YouTube, so I want to load them on my site.

but youtube source doesn’t work on my "local" videos, and wordpress just adds them as a link, and all of the wordpress plugins are for flash.

kb2tfa

Bubblecast is like youtube, you upload the videos to them. I want control.

thanks for the help, i’ll just post a link for folks to download.

Matt

You could use the FLV Player or Flowplayer. You won’t be able to escape flash for a while. Just post the video + a link to download.

If you’re wondering why I’m not suggesting using the HTML5 approach: it’s a mess. None of the major browsers support any one format. Firefox will only play OGG Theora. Safari will only play H.264. Google Chrome will play both formats, but it has a very incredibly small market share.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

all the above – and flash is the best way to encode a web video at the moment – its high quality and well compressed. Its probably the only thing I would use flash for at the moment.

I dont get what you mean by "I want control", do you mean style wise?

I would use vimeo myself as well. Remember if you use another service, like vimeo, you are using their servers and bandwidth to stream video and not your own – that’s always good… :)

kb2tfa

what I mean by control, is that Youtube has a 10min limit. I need more time, therefore I want to create the video tutorial and put it on my hosting site.

I’m on linux, and I’ve tried many programs, Xvideo is the only one I can get to work. It saves in .mpeg

converting software searches all come back to windows programs that cost money. Not everything works with Wine, so I’m not about to pay for software that may or may not work.

I’m just going to post a link for users to download if they choose. thanks anyway.

Matt

Just use ffmpeg

Code:
    ffmpeg -i -f flv -b 200000 -ar 22050 -ac libmp3lame .flv
    kb2tfa

Matt thank you very very much.
    problem solved..

ron :o

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.