Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Video blog

• # August 6, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Hi all,
    I need to create video blog page something similar to Viddler.com
    Tubepress plugin does a good job but it pulls videos automatically from Youtube, and I can’t categorize them and do search
    Any one know how I can do that? :?:
    Thanks

# August 7, 2010 at 10:36 am

You want a video blog or a video hosting site?

If you’re looking for a video blog you can use any hosting service along with wordpress and some custom field magic to build an awesome video blog.

If you’re looking to host videos, I’d check out videoPress: http://videopress.com/. You should be aware that you’re going to need some pretty hefty servers to power something like this though.

# August 7, 2010 at 11:03 am

I want to embed youtube videos, add title, some description and be able to categorize and tag these videos, as I said tubepress is great but it pulls video automatically, I want to create posts with youtube embedded videos. Just need to figure out how to create layout similar to viddler.

# August 8, 2010 at 12:08 am

Ohhh. I think I understand now. The only part viddler plays is that you like their layout?

That’s just going to come down to finding a developer that’s willing to help with something like this. It sounds like you pretty much need a custom theme design.

# August 8, 2010 at 1:33 am

Well, I am developing a custom theme, and that’s the only part I still can’t figure out, so thought maybe there is a simple solution for this out there (like plugin for example)….

# August 8, 2010 at 9:09 pm

A plugin for embedding videos? Is that what you’re referring to?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".