Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Vertical Fly-Out Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jurotek
    Participant

Hi folks, is there any way to trigger and reveal sub-menu in vertical fly-out nav with just a keyboard “Tab” navigation if the link in nav gets focus to improve accessibility? I am trying this on [Here…](http://cdpn.io/Lfjen “”) to no avail.

jurotek
    Participant

@Hompimpa, thank you, that’s a great start. How would we go about it to continue tabbing through all fly-out items before it goes to next parent?

jurotek
    Participant

@Hompimpa, you accomplish to reveal fly-out with tab key. But when you hit Tab second time the fly-out disappears. When you keep pushing Tab it seems that it cycles through fly-out items while the fly-out is hidden before it goes to next parent. Is there a way to have the fly-out visible while you cycle through it’s items?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Hompimpa That technique is genius and I love you for it! <3

jurotek
    Participant

@Hompimpa, I just finished building horizontal drop-down nav which is completely accessible just with a Tab Key. I had to use script for that. I put it on Codepen and it didn’t work at all. I tested it on Chrome, FF, Opera, Safari and IE10,IE9, IE8. Had problem with IE7 which I will prolly be able to fix with conditional statement and style couple things differently. I can put it back on Pen if you’d like. I have no idea why it didn’t work on Codepen at all.

Edit: You getting close on that vertical one tho and just like you said the fly-out just stays open.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.