Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Various Design Issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

I am having several problems. Here is my website. Okay, so I am trying to create something like this.

First off, several things that have been ordered to float: right; are not actually floating right. The part that states the author and date, post-info right, and the stated category, category-menu, are not on the right side of the page. But category-menu looks like it might be floating right, I may just need to change the positioning. But post-info right is most certainly not doing what I want it to.

That is the first issue. Let us figure out that first before I go any further. Thank you in advance!

Merri
    Participant

Seem to be floated right to me (or positioned absolutely as it seems). You probably want to use `text-align: right;` to align text. Float moves just the element, it doesn’t touch text inside the element.

**Edit!**

Take `position: absolute;` away on some of the floated elements. Elements that are absolutely positioned cannot be floated.

Alen
    Participant

Your `.single {}` class is floated left and has width of 430px.

Line 458 in your `style.css`.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.