Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Validate the website code

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    misterjuli
    Participant

I’ve got a simple website is nearly ready, it has 15 pages. when I check on the browser it works well. But I validate it, I had much issue. what if I don’t validate my web ? Thanks

Paulie_D

That’s entirely up to you…it’s not required BUT you’re skimping on the professionalism and short-changing your work….and, basically, being lazy.

That’s not to say that there aren’t some things you can safely ignore…but just to shrug it off and say ‘too much work’ is really poor IMO.

Also, if it doesn’t validate there’s a chance it will break in some browsers or at least not present the best front.

__
    Participant

when I check on the browser it works well.

Also, keep in mind that there are many browsers, not just “the browser” that you use.

misterjuli
    Participant

Yes, I get it. Thanks for your comments. :)

shaneisme
    Participant

Also, because it looks good today doesn’t mean it will still look good as browsers change in the future.

misterjuli
    Participant

Thank you.

misterjuli
    Participant

When I validated css I had many issues of “Jump to: Errors (1794) Warnings (476) Validated CSS” they’re included bootstrap.css, animate.css, font-awosome.min.css and my custom styles. I solved my custom style, but how about the rest of that ? I think it’s too much issues that it’s not my fault. Thanks

__
    Participant

A lot of css errors are likely to be things like vendor prefixes. If it’s in bootstrap, I wouldn’t worry.

Valid HTML is much more important.

misterjuli
    Participant

Yes, I wouldn’t worry anymore about it. Thanks :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.