Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Using Sublime Text 2 with PRE and CODE annoyance.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Howdy beautiful people of css-tricks… I use Sublime Text 2 religiously and love it, but as of late im having an annoying problem (more like annoyance).

On my website i show code snippets. What i use is Google’s prittyprint and a custom theme i created, well a couple different themes. But when i add my code in Sublime i cannot add any indentions between the pre element. Otherwise it will indent my code when rendered.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if this is just a common “suck it up and deal with it” kind of situation.

If yall need some more clarification ill take some screen shots. Basically i want to indent my pre elements in my text editor (to have nice clean readable code) rather than having them indent on my actual page.

Thanks guys…

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Basically, when i write some code (< pre >< code >), i want it to look aligned with the rest of the code, readable, etc. When i use pre and code tags, it makes it difficult because if i add any tabs or spaces, it will render those tabs and spaces as well

Code indention:
    Pre Code Tabing

Code Rendering:
    Pre Code Rendering

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@jamy_za, alright man. Doing some research on the matter i think you’re right. Im just gonna have to suck it up. Thanks for confirming lol..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.