Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Using Multiple jQuery Plugins

• # October 27, 2009 at 10:44 am

I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to implementing jQuery plugins, so I’m getting stumped with trying to implement more than one plugin on a page. For example, I’m trying to use the anythingSlider (via CSS-Tricks) and a typical lightbox on the same site. Each plugin works by itself, but when I try to use both neither will work. What could I be doing wrong? I thought the whole point of plugins is that they’re easy to implement and can be used together. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

# October 27, 2009 at 11:10 am

Without a link it’s impossible to say what you are doing wrong. Is firebug showing any javascript errors?

# October 27, 2009 at 11:43 am

Got it working. There was in fact an error showing up in Firebug that was an easy fix. Thanks for stating the obvious for me – sometimes that’s what we need to hear.

# November 21, 2009 at 12:50 pm

This may sound incredibly stupid, but I’ve also had the same problem and I’m not educated enough in Jquery/Javascript to pick out any issues. If you have a quick moment, can you tell me how you overcome this issue please?

Any help is massively appreciated!

Cheers.

# April 21, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I just saw this now, sorry for the delay. I can’t remember specifically what the problem was, but I think I had them both wrapped in the same script tag. They are separate looking back. Let me know if you still have a problem and we’ll try to work it out :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".