Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Using JS to provide CSS3 functionality?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ataraxy
    Participant

There are so many cool uses for CSS3 that I have seen and would like to use but since a lot of the functionality only works with webkit based browsers most visitors would not get the luxury of seeing this extended aesthetic. I’m a novice at web development and I am totally lost on coding JS.

My question is, has anyone thought of making a simple JS include file that perhaps provides all CSS3 functionality out of the box automatically to browsers that don’t support it natively?

I mean simple enough so that all one would have to do is include the JS file to the header and it would automatically look at the style sheet and make things such as: -webkit-transition / -webkit-gradient / -webkit-animation / -webkit-transition / -webkit- mask-box-image / -webkit-box-reflect / border-radius, simply just work.

Is that even possible? Does it already exist? If not, wouldn’t this be something really good to have for the next couple of years while browsers such as IE play catch-up? Isn’t there something like that already for HTML5?

Ataraxy
    Participant

Presumably there is nothing like this then. :)

soap
    Participant
    "Ataraxy" wrote:
    Presumably there is nothing like this then. :)

doubt it, would be awesome though

we’ll probably have to wait for older browsers to become obselete

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.