Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS use of role=”navigation”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Manojnaanak
    Participant

hello every one,

please tell me how to use role=”navigation” and what is the benefit of it.

thnx in advance

chrisburton
    Participant
    Manojnaanak
    Participant

hello siyajoshi,

I think you you are not getting me mean to say **role** works like class and ID or only indicate your navigation section?

Paulie_D

It is an XHTML attribute.

Here’s what the W3C say about it.

>The attribute describes the role(s) the current element plays in the context of the document. This can be used, for example, by applications and assistive technologies to determine the purpose of an element. This could allow a user to make informed decisions on which actions may be taken on an element and activate the selected action in a device independent way. It could also be used as a mechanism for annotating portions of a document in a domain specific way (e.g., a legal term taxonomy). Although the role attribute may be used to add semantics to an element, authors SHOULD use elements with inherent semantics rather than layering semantics on semantically neutral elements.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-role/

Paulie_D

@howlermiller

That has nothing to do with ‘role’ as such.

Aria roles have their own attribute ‘aria’.

howlermiller
    Participant

@Paulie_D The question was how to use role=”navigation” and *why*. I have found that article useful for clarifying how and why to use roles in the past, so I talked about it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.