Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Upload_max_filesize With PHP.ini

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jjshammas

I’m creating a system in which there are multiple plans, which have different file upload sizes. Each plan has its own folder, and each user has its own folder in that.

Using PHP.ini, could I set a max filesize for each one of those plan folders? I really haven’t used PHP.ini before, and all I have done so far is used Bash scripting to copy the file from its hidden folder to the cgi_bin in my site’s root.

synic

If you are able to change your php.ini file, and you in fact do change it, you might be changing the settings to your entire server. You’d be changing the upload_max_filesize (as you said) and the post_max_filesize settings.

Depending on your host however, you might be able to change these settings in your .htaccess files, which could possibly allow you to have different settings per directory.

If editing the php.ini, just look for upload_max_filesize and post_max_filesize and raise the limits to whatever you need them to be. I think the defaults are 2MB.

You can also try editing .htaccess files like I said above. If you want to try that, just open up one and add something like this:

Code:
    php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
    php_value post_max_size 20M

Change the sizes to whatever is needed.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.