Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS understanding ads and adsense

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shamai

so is adsnese as simple as signing up your website and adding code to specific areas like placing ads?
    or is there more to it?
    anyone want to point me to an easy tutorial on how it works and what I need to do as a developer?
    Cause when I google it i get too much on how to use it for business and what it does blah blah blah…
    I just want to implement it!!

also I plan on having my own ad sizes and using a wordpress ad plugin instead of buysell ads or something like that.
    Is using my own sizes frowned upon? I want the ads to match up with the page

darrylm

You sign up, you pick the type and size of the ad you want placing on your website, it provides you with the code and you copy and paste into your site. Easy.

It takes a while to appear on your site as Google assesses the content and whether the website is appropriate for adsense, all being well ads will soon appear.

tomrogers123

> is adsnese as simple as signing up your website and adding code to specific areas like placing ads?

Yes, you create your ad settings in their web interface and this give you some JS that you place wherever you want the ad to show up.

> anyone want to point me to an easy tutorial on how it works and what I need to do as a developer?

Here: http://voices.yahoo.com/the-non-techie-guide-installing-adsense-units-on-3956878.html

> Is using my own sizes frowned upon? I want the ads to match up with the page

Most of the time advertisers pay to get a certain unit size and placement. In fact, AdSense terms of service state that you must use one of the preset sizes for that exact reason. BuySellAds do allow you to sell your own sizes though. Unless you have a specific deal with the sponsor that allows you to do so (as Chris does with Truehouse for this site), I’d strongly advise against making alterations otherwise you’re not providing your “clients” with the expose their paying for.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.