Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Unable to access WP-Admin after Upgrading WordPress to 3.5.1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mulaysmara
    Participant

Hello CSS-Trickersss:
    I have been using “Managewp” to control my WordPress blog, After upgrading i no longer can access my wp-admin. The blog still running but I can’t post.
    I checked WordPress Forum, they recommend deleting the **. maintenance** folder. (It didn’t work), I also use FTP to re-install and then run the **WP-Upgrade.php** it says NO updates needed.

I have been working on a new theme and I need to apply it soon on the anniversary of this blog.

Thank you

contentJones

I’m not sure about ManageWP, but you could try switching the theme to 2012. That’s should let you get in and update your plugins.

Jonathand_d

Hi this sometimes can be a sign of a Javascript conflict problem. Also have you tried looking at the admin in a different browsers to your normal one?

mulaysmara
    Participant

Thank you all for the quick reponse, **ContentJones** , I haven’t really swished or change the theme yet. But I am afraid that if I do so the 2011 or2012 will look terrible. (It is a running website and I can’t offer to stop it)
    I am afraid I will lose the content. I haven’t back up anything. I only have FTP access .
    **ChrisP** I need to back up my database before doing anything. So should I go with this option or not?

contentJones

That sounds like a tight spot. If you only have FTP access, you won’t even be able to back up the database. If you have access to hosting you might be able to reach phpMyAdmin where you could do all of this.

mulaysmara
    Participant

Thanks @ChrisP @ContentJones
    Now I am able to backup my Database using my PHP Admin, whats the next step? How can I use the database to reset my website.

Th

Jonathand_d

You not only need to do a full backup of the database but also all the physical files of the website using your FTP client.

mulaysmara
    Participant

All I did, I did activated all the plugins and changed the theme to 2011 and works just fine.
    Thank you all for your help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.