Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design UI question for accordion with checkboxes inside

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    femkreations
    Participant

Hi friends

So I have this accordion on the left navigation, with checkboxes(more than one in the real website) inside the content. Here is a sample of what I have.

So when the user selects a checkbox, the content area on the right of the page gets loaded with some information. The user can select checkboxes from multiple accordion content. It is sort of like a filter to filter the content on the right side. Question: When the user selects a checkbox, what should the user experience be for the accordion? Close all the accordion? Leave all the accordions open which have checkboxes inside checked? Any sites where you have seen something similar?

TIA
    FP

femkreations
    Participant

<ul>
    <li><a class="accordion-header"></a>
    <div class="accordion-content">
    <label class="checkbox">
    <input type="checkbox" checked="">
    label name </label>
    </div>
    </li>
    <li><a class="accordion-header"></a>
    <div class="accordion-content">
    <label class="checkbox">
    <input type="checkbox" checked="">
    label name </label>
    </div>
    </li>
    </ul>

Paulie_D

Accordions (at least web versions) generally only have one section open at a time…See Jquerys version. (http://jqueryui.com/accordion/)

Otherwise, it’s something else (technically) but I get your question.

For myself, I prefer to have multiple content sections open, so I can refer back without having to close where I am and re-open another section.

However, what the final functionality should be will, I suspect, depend on what the content is intended to be and what you want the user to do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.