Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Two CSS questions…Image Rotation and Random Spacing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    creativegeek

I need to help create a store for a new client but the concept is very stylized. Because of this, I’ve come across a couple of issues that I could use some help with. :)

Here are the basics. The store site will be a WordPress website…and the commerce plugin (I’m looking at a few) will allow for the latest items to be showcased on the home page.

First, is there a way using CSS or any mechanism so that the images, which will look like polaroid pictures, to be randomly rotated? Meaning, I don’t want them all to be perfectly aligned on each row. I’d like them to look almost haphazard, so that they are turned a few degrees one way or the other. Otherwise the look will be too rigidly ordered.

Second… I don’t want the spacing to be exact either. I’d like it so that in some cases, the items are closer to each other and in some cases, they’re a little further apart.

If I were designing the page and hard coding the design, I could simply create a style for the items in question and manually adjust.

But…with a store, the images and layout is generated dynamically. As new items are added, the rows fill up and everything looks uniform.

Ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.