Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Twitter API 1.1 for static sites

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    iknowdavehouse
    Participant

So Twitter retired API 1 yesterday…meaning every site I’ve incorporated a feed in has stopped working. It would appear that 1.1 can no longer be implemented to a static webpage? php sites have been updated successfully however I can’t find any solution for a basic static html site.

Any ideas?

Paulie_D

I don’t know much (well, anything) about the Twitter API, but if it’s just a feed of **the site’s** tweets then the Twitter widget would seem appropriate.

Paulie_D
    iknowdavehouse
    Participant

Thanks. The existing sites are main problem as they will all need to be updated with something asap. I don’t really want to go from a custom styled feed to a widget even if it can be customised to a degree… I haven’t seen those timelines before though.

Paulie_D

From memory, you get **limited** options in styling the Widget / Timeline when creating them (limited to height, link color, light or dark theme etc) **BUT** once it’s embedded you can hack at it with CSS override styling.

It’s been a while though.

chrisburton
    Participant

I hear that with the new version of the API requires server-side oauth for just about everything which makes it much more complicated.

BinG
    Participant

Got my dev to re-write the old code we used to pull tweets through. It does require server-side auth but works a treat. I’ll drop the files over to any who is interested.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.