Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Twitter Advertisement vs. AdWords

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ilya

Hello,

I’m wrapping up development process of my website and now need to consider methods to promote it, by the way if you have time check it out please ;) http://musicglaze.com

But anyway, I would usually go for AdWords advertisement, but now am thinking of switching to twitter promoted accounts. The reason: At the same time I will make users aware of my website and get twitter followers. However I can’t be sure that users would actually visit my website, where as with AdWords They will definitely click on the link. Another thing is that twitter detects who to show your twitter account to, where as in AdWords you decide (in terms of search keywords). So I would like to hear about your experiences and opinions on which one is better, for, what hopefully will become medium blog in future.

Ilya

The question is I guess which one is best money value?

Alen
    Participant

Ignore paying for ads… I’ve been browsing the web for a while and have clicked maybe 2-3 ads in total. IMO it’s not where you want to start building your brand. You need to identify your target audience, see where these people are hanging out, what are they listening to, what stores do they visit… then from there you can do some manual labor and go promote your self in these environments. Much more effective IMO.

Ilya

@AlenAbdula That’s one of the things I’ll be definitely doing as well, but also ass addition I would like to do a bit of promotion online, to reach wider audience.

chrisburton
    Participant

Aren’t Twitter promotions around $10,000? I would hire an advisor before going that route.

Ilya

@chrisburton No, They are similar to AdWords You set daily budget and only pay once someone actually follows your account.

chrisburton
    Participant

Interesting.

Ilya

@JoshWhite Great info. Have you had any experience with twitter advertisement?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.