Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Twitter Advertisement vs. AdWords

• # May 9, 2013 at 7:23 pm

Hello,

I’m wrapping up development process of my website and now need to consider methods to promote it, by the way if you have time check it out please ;) http://musicglaze.com

But anyway, I would usually go for AdWords advertisement, but now am thinking of switching to twitter promoted accounts. The reason: At the same time I will make users aware of my website and get twitter followers. However I can’t be sure that users would actually visit my website, where as with AdWords They will definitely click on the link. Another thing is that twitter detects who to show your twitter account to, where as in AdWords you decide (in terms of search keywords). So I would like to hear about your experiences and opinions on which one is better, for, what hopefully will become medium blog in future.

# May 9, 2013 at 7:29 pm

The question is I guess which one is best money value?

# May 9, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Ignore paying for ads… I’ve been browsing the web for a while and have clicked maybe 2-3 ads in total. IMO it’s not where you want to start building your brand. You need to identify your target audience, see where these people are hanging out, what are they listening to, what stores do they visit… then from there you can do some manual labor and go promote your self in these environments. Much more effective IMO.

# May 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm

@AlenAbdula That’s one of the things I’ll be definitely doing as well, but also ass addition I would like to do a bit of promotion online, to reach wider audience.

# May 9, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Aren’t Twitter promotions around $10,000? I would hire an advisor before going that route.

# May 9, 2013 at 8:44 pm

@chrisburton No, They are similar to AdWords You set daily budget and only pay once someone actually follows your account.

# May 9, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Interesting.

# May 10, 2013 at 3:20 am

> I’ve been browsing the web for a while and have clicked maybe 2-3 ads in total

That’s true. I’m the exact same way. But I can tell you without a doubt that adwords absolutely work in a lot of situations.

There is a reason that marketing in general works. I’ve never bought a product based on an ad in my entire life. If I saw something I found interesting, I’d research it, try it, touch it, look at the value comparison, then make a decision. But that’s not how most people are. Marketing, in general, gets results or mediums like adwords would have dried up long ago. George Carlin said once that if you looked at the dumbest person you know, 50% of the population is half as dumb as that. It’s harsh comedy, but what it does get right is that in reality most people are not computer savvy and wouldn’t even be able to tell you how they even got to a website from when they first logged on to the computer.

What I tell my clients is: give it a try. You’ll never know until you try and see what your market and audience is like. Sometimes it doesn’t yield a thing, and sometimes (I can attest to), it’s a 10 to 1 return on investment.

To me, there’s no such thing as a dominant solution. Every industry and audience is so different you have to approach every situation uniquely.

# May 10, 2013 at 9:30 am

@JoshWhite Great info. Have you had any experience with twitter advertisement?

# May 12, 2013 at 2:14 am

I haven’t. I didn’t realized it worked the same way to be honest :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".