Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

TWD redesigned site – comments please

• # December 14, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Hi Guys

I would appreciate some feedback for my web site design

http://www.torbaywebdesign.co.uk

Thanks in advance

Les

# December 14, 2008 at 6:57 pm

I would add some background-color for the 3 columns of text. It looks like you’re trying to squeeze things together, which is fine, but maybe the light gray bg on either the middle or outer two columns to show a little seperation

# December 15, 2008 at 12:13 pm

You know, I would really expect something better from a company who’s main purpose appears to be web design. Honestly, there’s not a whole lot of design in there.

"Low Cost, High Quality Web Design"… well, maybe the low cost.

I’m sorry if this feels like I’m purely taking the mick out of you, it’s not my intent, it’s more of a look on the industry as a whole. We’ve got hundreds (thousands) of people starting up these "low cost, low quality" units that undercut everyone else. The end user doesn’t know any better, spends money on getting a shitty website, then thinks the whole industry is out to rip them off.

Anyways, I think you’ve hit a few good fundamentals with the site, but it’s just lacking a lot right now. Check out this list of Web Designer Wall’s "Best of CSS Design 2008" http://www.webdesignerwall.com/trends/b … sign-2008/ , hopefully that can inspire some change.

Rob
    # December 15, 2008 at 1:27 pm

Im really sorry, but I have to back up TheDoc on this one…

Also don’t use the "align=" in your div tags, you should be styling directly from the stylesheet.

# December 17, 2008 at 10:04 am

You might also do some cool things about the showcase- thing using jQuery instead of using Flash (Flash is evil). For example the Garage door functionality from Chris. ;)

# December 20, 2008 at 4:41 am

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the comments, some real food for thought!

I was aiming at a simple clean design with no frills but maybe I missed the mark.

Thank for the align tip Robskiwarrior, a bit of lazy coding on my part.

Have a restful Christmas and a prosperous 2009

Les

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".