Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Trying to create Horizontal drop-down menu bar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    someoneso
    Participant

Hey!

I am trying to create a horizontal drop-down menu like the one in the link below:

Example Site

Obligatory “css noob”

I’m using SquareSpace to create a websites for our affiliate company (of romanson, the link posted above) in the United States. With squarespace, you’re using premade templates, with the ability to edit the styles code.

The template I’m using has a basic vertical drop-down menu, but as stated, I would prefer it to drop down vertically.

Any help is incredibly appreciated!

Paulie_D

The template I’m using has a basic vertical drop-down menu, but as stated, I would prefer it to drop down vertically.

It drops down vertically but you want it to drop down vertically? I’m confused.

I assume from your title that this is actually a horizontal menu.

The first thing you have to establish is “will the template let you do this?”.

If so, then we can proceed.

To do that we need to see the current HMTL & CSS, ideally in a reduced Codepen.io example so we can offer advice on what, if anything, can be done.

janet4now
    Participant

Do you have a link to your site? The example you’re showing is not responsive, and the type of drop down you’re wanting will be less flexible and more difficult to resize. It really depends, though, on what your links are.

someoneso
    Participant

It drops down vertically but you want it to drop down vertically? I’m confused.

Ahh~ My mistake. Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I mean to say that I would like to create a horizontal drop down menu.

Here is a link to our website. You can see the vertical drop down menus.

The original Romanson website that I linked in my first post has the grey bar resize to suit the drop down links.

I have set up my developer account with squarespace, so I have access to the styles files and such. Let me know what to look for in the styles files, and I can set up a codepen.io example to further along the process, and assist in your… well, assistance!

Thank you for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.