Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Trying to Actualize an Idea. Please help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tjgriffiths1
    Participant

Ok Guys, I’m sorry if this is not the right place to do this, but this idea is bugging me so much, I have to know if anyone out there can help me with it.

So I want to build a website, that uses a physical piece of card, with a randomly generated code printed on it. This piece of card is passed from individual to individual, and everytime it is passed on, the individual goes on to the website, and puts some information to a page that the code relates to. This will create a history of individual posts from different users who have passed the card around.

Can ANYONE give me pointers as to how I could logically build this? I’d be super grateful for any feedback.

Thank you in advance,

Tim

mmcgu1966
    Participant

this sounds pretty standard, go to the page and have a login that asks for the card-code. this opens a blog-page that can add a message with that card’s code. You could include user-login too, to show the user’s info, though it sounds like a facebook login might be better. You might even add a QR code to the card for a user to simply scan with his phone for quick mobile login.

If you still don’t have any idea, you need to have an actual developer do it, though this sounds like a good simple MVC page project, with something like Ruby on Rails, PHP Codeignitor, or Micrisoft MVC, depending on your preference.

tjgriffiths1
    Participant

Thank you both very much for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.