Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Trouble with sidebar styles

• # September 27, 2009 at 2:14 pm

I’m having a tough time figuring out where the sidebar <ul> and <li> css is. What I want to do is put graphics on my main page <li>’s but I don’t want those graphics to appear on the sidebar headers and other information.

I tried adding a class of .sidebar to remove the images and applying those to the <ul> of the sidebar.php file, but that didn’t have any effect. Does anyone know where that can be modified?

# September 27, 2009 at 4:22 pm

is this a custom theme? or default? Is the sidebar generated dynamically using widgets? the li’s could be anywhere. Do you not have a sidebar.php file? I am assuming this is a wrodress site. Maybe you can post a link to the site? In any case, more information is needed

# September 27, 2009 at 5:53 pm

It is a custom theme, but it’s using the sidebar.php, and the widgets of Recent Posts and Meta are the only ones I have active. And yea it’s a WP site.

I think I found my solution however. In the functions.php, I just removed the arrays that were defining the "before" and "after" the header with <li> tags.

I’m still stumped as to where the Recent Posts widget is being called in. I don’t see any code in the sidebar.php that has that header, or is even calling in that information.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".