Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Trouble with repeating header image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    brrutzo

Hello,

I am going through Chris’s first few lessons that take a PS mockup and slices it into CSS. I am having a bit of trouble getting a smooth transition from the header graphic to the repeating background image. The code is working just fine, however the repeating image is not smooth. Is there some sort of trick I need to do when exporting from PS?

To ensure that I had an image that would match exactly, I took a sliver off the left side of the header grahpic, then repeated it. As you can see, it appears choppy.

http://www.sandbarcontractors.com/indextest.html

Thank you for your help!

epicalex
    Quote:
    You should also make sure that the area that you slice out for your sliver does not have anything that isn’t 100% horizontally repeatable.

It looks like this is the case. The sliver that you took of the left has a drop shadow that doesn’t stretch the whole way across the image, so when it is repeated, it isn’t smooth. Try taking a slice from further along the image, but still where the blue colour is correct.

brrutzo

Thanks everyone, that did it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.