Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Trouble with “element.style”

• # April 27, 2011 at 1:05 am

Hi all,

I’m having an issue I was hoping someone could help me clarify. We’re moving toward being done with this website and I thought we could use a little content slider for their process. Seems to work just fine in Chrome, but in Firefox or IE, the navigation is getting an element.style property of 8px in width. So all the buttons just look like blue bars stacked up.

I can’t find what’s causing it. If I use Firebug to correct the width it’s just fine, but it natively keeps applying the 8px that overrides everything. I’m not 100% sure even what creates the element style. Any ideas would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

The specific page is here:

http://cimarroncircle.com.previewdns.com/?page_id=68#2

Sorry for the super long load time… it’s a godaddy previewDNS :/

# April 27, 2011 at 4:58 am

in .coda-nav ul try adding…

width: 800px !important;

fixes it in firebug for me, although this is a temp fix. I believe it’s to do with the javascript running your slideshow thinking 8px is an appropriate width.

# April 27, 2011 at 11:57 am

You my friend are a saint! Worked like a charm. I had a suspicion it was the javascript just reading what other problems people were having that was similar but I couldn’t see anything in the .js file that would do it. I’m no coding genius either so that could also have something to do with it :)

Thanks again for the quick fix.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".