Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Too many Div’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nodster

just found a link to this article http://enhance.qd-creative.co.uk/index.php/2008/html/the-misunderstood-div#comment-145

what do people think??

Nodster

No not a revelation i just found it interesting that someone who advocates using less divs (which i am trying to get to grips with – having suffered from div-itis in the past) is writing in a blog that is littered with them.

But the author has responded by saying that the majority of the divs in the blog are generated by plugins…not his fault.

I feel that if somebody is advocating a standard then that is what they should be applying. Maybe that is the problem with web design today…there are too many options.

People advocate one thing but for speed /laziness/ simplicity they forgot what they advocate.

I suppose i’m an old fashioned purist…If i can code it i’ll do it, if i can’t then i leave it out.

koewnet

Sometimes it’s great to have that extra <div> for separating some content from each other, sometimes it’s not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.