Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other To anyone whose used Foxycart…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Just curious about the size of the store that foxycart begins becoming more trouble than it’s worth. I’m getting ready to do a rather large ecommerce project. They are starting out with like 20 products but it could turn into 100+. So I want to recommend the solution that is going to last.

Since foxycart kind of just plugs into wordpress, is there a point where it would be better to use something else? Or is foxycart infinitely flexible enough to handle expansion?

flinx777

I’ve used Foxy Cart for about 30+ different stores over the last few years and have yet to hit a problem with it b/c of the number of products. Really the issue is how well equipped is your CMS or or site setup to handle the products? In other words, if you had a 1000+ products, do you have a search functionality built in…how easy is it for the visitor to find what they’re looking for, etc? I’ve had really large sites using Foxy Cart with no problems down to simple sites…it’s really all a matter of who you set it all up so the visitor can find your products.

craigfarrall

flinx777 is right, it all depends on your website really.

Whereas I have never used Foxycart before I have heard good things about it, if you wanted a wordpress related cart, then wpecommerce I have used and that was good software.

But for larger websites selling stuff I find magento is the best, but you need a decent server for that to run smootly and quickly.

craigfarrall

Oh if it is wordpress related then yes I would use Foxycart or WPEcommerce.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.