Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Tjeck CSS on a Mac

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Morten
    Participant

Hi
    I have always used PC (win) but I´m planning to buy my first Mac (Imac with an extra monitor :-) )
    But I’m a little worried about how too check my CSS work.
    Most people around the world are still using IE on a PC so do I have too keep my old PC for testing my CSS work?

I have Windows installed on my Mac using Boot Camp.

Morten
    Participant

Now I am completely unsure about what to do …. change to Mac ore ….
    I am tired of the noise from my PC and the Imac looks so cool :-)

Is it true that Senff says, that windows environment is a better choise for CSS work ?

davidlab.be
    Participant

@morten. both are good just different. If you like a good PC then stick with it. A mac will not change your life. I am a mac user and a pc user but not a apple fan boy type. I like both and hate both at times. They both have there good and bad points, but neither makes you better at your profession. That is up to you.

TheDoc

I work on both daily. I must say that I definitely prefer working on my Mac for developing. I thoroughly enjoy using Coda and I haven’t found a decent editor for Windows yet (though Sublime Text 2 is a half-decent candidate).

I have to work on a Windows machine at work and I don’t enjoy it at all. I much prefer my Mac, but as others have already said, it is personal preference.

Morten
    Participant

@Senff – sorry Senff

@springlab
    – maybe I will have both a Mac and a PC. Working on the Mac and tjecking IE on the PC

charlie
    Participant

I’ve always used Mac… and testing web development work IS an issue. Chris did a webcast about the subject.

TheDoc

I actually just bought somebody’s old computer for $50 so I could do some Windows testing on it (that way I don’t have to fire up Boot Camp).

tmette

I prefer doing work more on a Mac than a PC. However, that’s mainly because of the software. I like the text-editors and Adobe suite better in OSX. If I need to test on IE, I’ll just use Virtual Box.

Morten
    Participant

I’ve just bought a MacBook Pro … thanks for all yours ansers answers

jamygolden

@Morten make sure to use “Spaces“. No need for dual monitors :p

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.