Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS tips and advice on re-making site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dancarreras

About a year ago i made a site for a friend to promote his business:

http://www.networkmediatraining.co.uk

I made the site using Photoshop, then slicing it for web, then exporting it to dreamweaver. Then all i did was delete the area which needed content and put his content in there. problem with making it this way was it took a lot of time as every page had to be made individually in photoshop first, then sliced and put into dreamweaver. Another problem with this is if too much content is in the area, it breaks the page. (as basically its all images in a table)

I’ve said to my friend that i’ll re-make his website in CSS from scratch, meaning it will dynamically stretch to fit the content in, and will use one template that i can then just put a different picture in the left side, and different writing in the right. (saving a lot of time for me also) Problem is i’m a CSS noob and haven’t used it before, photoshop and dreamweaver made all of that automatically.

I was just wondering if anyone could help me in telling me how to make it in CSS? i know for starters i’ll need a fixed border for the red border, but when using chris’s example on this site the border went to the edge of the browser, not fixed in the middle. (or around the content) i shall not be making the menu system again, instead i’ll be putting the links for each section underneath, and fade the menu button clicked.
    After the border i should be fine following chris’ video tutorials.

Thanks for anyone that helps :D

dancarreras

thanks a bunch buddy, you’re a legend :D i shall also check out that site as i want to start getting into web design a lot more. Thanks again

deforia

Have you checked the "Converting a Photoshop Mockup" tutorials in the video section? I found them really useful to understand CSS.

dancarreras
    "deforia" wrote:
    Have you checked the "Converting a Photoshop Mockup" tutorials in the video section? I found them really useful to understand CSS.

yep, thats how i’m doing it buddy, but needed the help with the border as the layout of the site is different. will post up the finished site when i’m done

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.