Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Time to upgrade web hosts. I need some real life input, please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mikelucid

I would really appreciate some input as google only provides info, but its really not useful. I want real life experiences to base my decision on, not seo and review sites. I trust this community so, seems like the pace to ask :)

I have been using Blue host for 2 years almost, and they started out great, but now their customer services is crap, and my sites all lag a majority of the time. Super frustrating. Then I call wait 20-30mins on hold to find out they don’t know what their doing and don’t have any higher up tech available. ERGGG!

Anyways time for a change… I really think I want to go VPS(probably 512mb) because I host numerous persona and client sites and want them all to be top notch. I have heard that Dreamhost is very reliable and has some great features, so i am leaning that direction.

Thanks for your input, I look forward to it :)

chrisburton
    Participant
    mikelucid

Thanks for the link. Really like the look of liquidweb, it is a bit pricey. But It would probably be worth it. Their client list is definitely something to brag about.

Anyone got any other suggestions for 20-30$ / month??

ilusk

Have you looked at Media Temple? They’re a bit pricier than some other hosts, but I’ve had good luck with them. Chris even has a coupon code in his deals section that you can use to get 20% off a number of their plans for life. They have Grid servers for $20 a month, but their dedicated servers start at $50 I believe (but it’s $40 if you use the coupon code). Again, I’ve had excellent luck with them for what I need and use (host several client’s websites and my own for that $40). Hope this helps, and good luck on your move!

realife

It’s all depends what size of traffic you talking about, but i can give you a free solution that works:
    https://www.cloudflare.com/

This website changed my life, if you using a huge traffic it can save you a lot of bandwidth, this website doing also optimization for the HTML/CSS/Images without any damage, protecting also your website from Hackers and DDos Attacks..
    It’s using CDN… If you don’t know what is it exactly you’ll find more information in the website, and also you getting an analytics and more…

I hope that my advise helped you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.