Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Thoughts on a site

• # April 13, 2013 at 2:22 am

http://tannercampbell.net

Not the sort of thoughts you think, though. Just wondering what people think of this as an idea. Brilliant and bold, or stupid?

Thanks,
    Tanner

# April 13, 2013 at 2:46 am

I like it but the backgroud might be nicer black

# April 13, 2013 at 2:56 am

I think it’s an interesting concept, but the value is in fleshing the concept out a bit. You know, there are a lot of people who have similar, yet totally different experiences. What would be an interesting thing to find out is if you ended up sort of crowd-sourced a collection of how people handled things like the opening and closing of a business. Both for people looking to begin their journey and also those already on it that could benefit from the mistakes and successes of others.

It’s almost like how hundreds of thousands of designers are writing the same CSS over and over and over every single day. They’re just making many of the same discoveries, mistakes and successes all at the same time but in different rooms.

# April 13, 2013 at 2:58 am

Oh @JoshWhite, that is a BOSS idea. You just made my night. You want to collaborate? I can’t just go an run off with your idea when it’s THAT awesome. What a great project idea!

# April 13, 2013 at 3:02 am

I highly disagree with @htmlmainiac.

Removed

Edit: Oops. You asked for feedback on the project, not design. Could you explain more on what this project is about?

# April 13, 2013 at 3:05 am

@Chrisburton you are a typography monster. I’ll consider your input, I mean you ARE a letter-setting-baller. I’m not sure what it’s about yet. I just felt inspired to do it. @JoshWhite has motivated me a bit.

# April 13, 2013 at 3:06 am

@JoshWhite what do you think about each job linking to a blog entry that tells the story of my experience at that job? That could transform into a book …

# April 13, 2013 at 3:07 am

@ChrisBurton, please by all means, keep your suggestions up. I value them.

# April 13, 2013 at 3:10 am

@tannercampbell Too late, sorry. If you have specific questions regarding the layout and design, it would probably be best if you created an additional thread for feedback. Otherwise this thread will get sidetracked.

Nice article, actually. This is quite fascinating. I’d like to know why you shut down your business and then reopened it in March. So, yeah, maybe blog about each position?

# April 13, 2013 at 3:12 am

I’m writing a childrens book at the moment, I don’t see why I couldn’t take on another writing project. Gotta stay busy; “idle hands” and all that. :)

# April 13, 2013 at 3:19 am

Unrelated: Your name sounds familiar on this forum but I can’t quite figure out how I remember you.

# April 13, 2013 at 3:20 am

I think we yelled at each other a while back. I thought I knew everything and you actually did. :)

# April 13, 2013 at 3:28 am

and you actually did

Ahaha. Doubt that. Still learning just as much as you are. I usually remember people by their site but yours doesn’t look familiar.

# April 13, 2013 at 5:48 am

That’s a really interesting list you have there. Your life can’t be boring :P I like the giraffe feeding, and the volunteering in Haiti.

> what do you think about each job linking to a blog entry that tells the story of my experience at that job?

I would read that.

# April 13, 2013 at 11:55 am

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the thoughts.

@CrocoDillon, I’ve already mashed together a WordPress Theme based off the Manifesto theme to do just that. I’m starting today.

Thanks!
    Tanner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".