Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Thoughts, feedback on WP based site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    smongey

Hi All,

I designed and developed this site for a PR company in Ireland called Elevate. Its a work in progress but was hoping I could get some advice and thoughts on the code and basically make sure it works reasonably ok on most platforms. I’ve watched Chris’s WP screencasts and designed the site utilising the valuable info in those videos. I’m primarily a print designer but have been trying to develop my web skills. I’ve incorporated Flash & a bit of Javascript too. I still have to complete some of the pages too but overall the structure is in place.

http://www.elevate.ie/new/

One thing that I couldn’t figure out was with the JQuery Image Cycler that I have used in the ‘News’ section. It only seems to work for the latest post. I’m ok with this but preferably I’d like them all to work when you roll over. I know I’m probably asking at the wrong forum for this but as I’m a notice developer I don’t really know of anywhere else I could get this advice.

Thanks in advance.
    Seán Mongey

apostrophe
    Participant

re. your image cycler. Just a guess but I think your problem comes from using <div id="s1"> multiple times on the page. An id should be unique, once per page, try changing it to a class and altering your jQuery file to suit.

smongey
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    re. your image cycler. Just a guess but I think your problem comes from using <div id="s1"> multiple times on the page. An id should be unique, once per page, try changing it to a class and altering your jQuery file to suit.

Thanks a million for that. It’s seems to have worked. The only thing is that it’s a bit dodgy when it comes to the rollover function but I can live with that. Thanks again.

thinkofmedia

Really like the minimalistic style. Maybe try http://www.minimalsites.com as a submit. They love this type of design.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

It’s an interesting design.

My only cretique is that on the home page you get the "pointer" when you hover over those blocks of text (that turn red). The pointer is reserved for things you can click on, but you can’t click on them.

I’d give those a different "cursor"

smongey

Thanks for all the feedback.

@thinkofmedia

Appreciate that. I think I might submit it when I’m finished… fingers crossed.

@AshtonSanders

Thanks for that. Good observation, I’ve fixed that so there should be no hand pointer.

TheDoc

I’m a little late to the party, but… I really like it. It’s simple, but the use of solid typography really makes it stand out. Well done!

smongey

Just another thing I spotted? Is it possible make the menu work so that when you click a link and go to that page that link stays pink like the rollover state?

It’s a nice site and all, but what’s with the background? Seriously those red stripes are kinda overpowering, I would recommend changing that so that your visitors are focusing on the content rather than anything else.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.